Monday, November 23, 2009

Advent

It is now my favorite time of year: Advent! I love Christmas! It’s the best time of year. The time of year when people are kind to each other, where they give to those in need, where they smile when they pass you on the street. I love Christmas. I love the Christmas markets. I went to a Christmas market today (Sunday) and walked around the rathaus (city hall) where they have a huge advent market. They have turned the windows into an advent calendar. What this means is that for each of the 24 days before Christmas a different numbered window will open revealing a picture of something Christmas related. YAY CHRISTMAS! Instead of coming home I am going to spend Christmas in Berlin with Michael. I can’t wait to see the Christmas markets in Berlin! This Christmas is going to be awesome! If I get a job as an FSO I might be able to be placed in Germany after a point. FSO btw is a Foreign Service officer.


I hope you all have a very merry Christmas! I will miss you! May your Christmas be merry, full of laughter, love and may it be bright! I really hope there is snow in Berlin! And maybe if God is feeling extra generous Nashville can get some snow too! I love you all! I’ll update more later in the week.


Love you all!

R

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Weihnachtsmarkt!!! I can't imagine what Vienna looks like all decked out for Christmas... I am most definitely going to have to work on plans to visit next semester... The Germans have too many holidays not to :) My town is also gearing up for Christmas. I walked through a shopping center yesterday, and it seemed like Christmas was everywhere. I admit, my inner American was a bit peeved to have Christmas herding in on Thanksgiving. Any word on the FSO process? Let me know how all the prep work is going... I am more than a little curious. I think i see a skype date in our future.. you know, once I get over this whole cough-plague-of-death nonsense that all East Germans assure me is critical to the overall experience ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is. I had it when I first got to Dresden... I promise you'll make it.
    The FSO process is 2 years in the making. Sometimes I think I need more balls before I apply.
    A skype date sounds great! I just need internet, but as soon as I have it I'll let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete