Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"Any Minute Now, my ship is coming in. I’ll keep checking the horizon, I’ll stand on the bow, fell the waves come crashing, come crashing down on me. And you say: Be still my love, open up your heart let the light shine in. Don’t you understand I already have a plan. I am waiting for my real life to being. On a Clear Day, I can see, see a very long way.” ~ Colin Hay Band


For the past few days I have been watching old Scrubs episodes. In the episode where Turk asks Carla to marry him, a song plays called “Question” by the Old 97’s and its one of the most beautiful songs ever. Go look it up. When I get married, I wanna hear that song when I am being proposed to. I love Scrubs. It’s always funny, no matter how many times I have seen the same episode. The Character JD in Scrubs is someone I really relate to. The way JD daydreams and talks to himself is so similar to the way I daydream and talk to myself… Which is either sad or funny, I’m not sure. JD is like the male sensitive TV version of me. Not that I’m not sensitive, I’m just not as girly as JD.

Teaching has been super cool so far. The kids are great, its super easy and I get paid about a bit over 20 euros an hour to talk to kids for 13 hours a week. It’s awesome! I think the kids like me. You can never be sure about that. I can tell that they are somewhat interested in what I have to say. I think I’m doing a good job. I think I’m good at my job. To be sure the students are very diverse. There are kids from all over here. There are kids from Asia, Africa, the Middle East, other parts of Europe and now because of me the US too! It’s good to be in a school that’s not full of white kids. I like diversity.

I think this year is going to be a good year for me. I think God lead me here for a reason, I just have to be open to whatever He sends me. I can already tell that I was called here. Everything has worked out for me to prove it. God called me here, now I just need to find my place in this country. He’ll show it to me. I love you all! I hope you are having an amazing day and a great week!


R

No comments:

Post a Comment