Friday, September 18, 2009

Day one

I am sitting here in Michael's apartment watching a documentary about Berlin. It's called 24h Berlin. I'm not sure if I am interested, but because he likes it we're watching it. To say that I am tired is an understatement... I am using all of the last bits of energy I have left to stay awake until 9 and then I am going straight to bed. I took a 2 hour nap. I couldn't sleep on the airplane. Normally I fall asleep as soon as I sit down, but the flight was warm and I couldn't get comfortable. I sat next to this lovely Danish lady who was super kind and talked to me. She was sweet. The flight to DC was spent next to a lady from Oregon who was a flight attendant. She was also really sweet. She shared her celery with me and asked me about my life. Her name was Chantal. God knew what He was doing today, and as I prayed He would, He blessed me.

I am so excited to be here! I'm nervous about Vienna, nervous about the apartment, but I'm generally excited. I missed Michael so much! I feel really emotional today, but it could be because I have slept 3 hours in the last 36 hours. After a bath and a good night's rest I'm sure I'll feel different. Please pray for me. Pray that God continues to provide and that He shows the same favor that He has been showing me.

I didn't get to say goodbye to my siblings today, and I'm kind of sad that I didn't. So, Alex and Cammie, if you read this, I love you and I am going to miss you. Alex woke me up at 6 and I said goodbye but I was still asleep. I couldn't sleep Wednesday night. I was awake. No matter how hard I tried I was too excited.

Oh Also, I just found out that a very good friend of mine was in a car crash. She lost a finger and they spent all night working on it in surgery. Her name is Kristen and she'll be in the hospital for a week. Pray that God heals her quickly.

Ok, that's enough for today.

I love you all!
R

No comments:

Post a Comment