Thursday, September 24, 2009

Schweine Haxe



I am sitting here in a cafe with free wifi and am still feeling full after last night's ungodly amount of food that was consumed. Above is the picture of what Schweine Haxe looks like. We both ordered it, Micha was surprised that I was able to eat as much as I did... Which was not all that was on the plate. Doesn't that look amazing? I mean it looks like an ungodly amount of food, but in case you want to know what is on that plate, here goes! The Schweine Haxe is a roasted lower pig's leg that has been covered in a Stout beer sauce that was full of garlic and herbs. The pig was basted with the sauce while it was cooked, which added to both the flavor and the moisture of the meat. The meat itself was surrounded by a layer of fat that leant itself to both a juicy and tender texture. The meat came easily from the bone and melted in your mouth. It was served with sour kraut and boiled potatoes and horseradish. The kraut was also covered in the beer sauce that had been dripping off the meat. It was awesome. I don't think I could eat that everyday or once a week even, but it was delightful.

Now to move on to the plan today. We are going to go to a lake and then who knows. I think tomorrow we are going to cook at home, we might do that tonight as well. Which is all well and good because I have payed for alot more than Micha has. Which isn't a huge deal, its just I also payed alot of money to get here. Oh well... I wish you could all be here. I miss you all. I'm going to get back to my me time for the day. I might post again later. He's studying for his Chemistry class and we don't plan to head to the lake for another 2 hours. I love yall!


R

No comments:

Post a Comment