Friday, September 18, 2009

I am the stone that the building refused.

From yesterday

Hello Everyone:
Here I am at the Nashville Airport sitting close to some Germans speaking about something totally unimportant. They checked in before me, and it made me so happy to hear German in Nashville. I am sitting in a lounge watching the Boondocks laughing out loud. Literally… To be honest, I am kind of nervous about the apartment. I think I have enough money for it but the guy is asking for 4 months rent as a safety deposit. What the heck right? It better be the best apartment I have ever seen in my life!

Its funny to think that in less than 24 hours I will be in Berlin. I have waited for the last year and a half to get back to Europe. Its strange to think that a year and a half ago I was in Germany with Michael saying goodbye. And now I am about to board a plane that will get me back to a place where I feel like I belong. I will miss Nashville, but I am so excited to leave. Its time.

The Boondocks is so funny! It makes the time fly by. Right now the episode about R Kelly is playing. The first time I watched this was with Emily. We watched it at her apartment one night after we ate dinner at South Street. We laughed together as the show played and discussed whether or not it was racist against whites or blacks, or just plain realistic. It could be all three. It was a fun night. I won’t forget it anytime soon.

Well, Nashville, here’s to you and your kind people and good southern food. I will miss you! I’ll never forget the people or places that grace your streets and part of my heart will always be with you. I am who I am because of you.


Love,
R

No comments:

Post a Comment